So, we were hoping for some good news, but did not get any. With the Safer At Home Order extended, we will be cancelling the following outings….
- Quad Outing
- We hope to reschedule for the fall.
- Pewaukee Classic
- This one really stings. If you have already pre-paid via check, it will be returned to you. We are looking into another outing to do in its place in the fall.
So, that is the bad news.
Onto some good news!
- Lac Labelle Study
- We partnered with MCW and the DNR on a project concerning tagging muskies in Labelle. Between the two clubs, we purchased 12 transmitters to be surgically implanted into muskies that will be roaming Labelle. It is possible that a fish or two will be put into Oconomowoc as well, but that isn’t known yet.
- The goal of the study is to understand the migratory movements of muskies in Labelle. We’ve invested a lot of money into stocking Labelle (MCW and MCMI) and we wish to see if they are leaving. And if so, do they come back.
- Our DNR biologist, Ben, is going to be working with us on this process and study. Our hope is that this study helps him improve the dam on Labelle and ultimately helps him stock the lake in the future.
Our hope is that this update finds you and your family happy and healthy during this trying time. We encourage you to fish within your community and hope to see you out there!